Thursday, 18 August 2011

Gooey Cinnamon bars

ok - This is what these delicious treats are called, but in truth, aren't that gooey.
This is a very simple tray bake that I tried for the first time today. It doesn't contain any eggs, which is useful as my chooks seem to be on strike at the moment.
I make mine in a well greased roasting tin.

8oz plain flour                                       2tbsp Demerara sugar
2tsp baking powder                               2tsp ground cinnamon
8oz soft brown sugar                             2tbsp chilled butter
1tbsp melted butter
8 fl oz milk

pre heat oven to 180 / gas mark 4

mix together the flour, soft brown sugar and baking powder. Stir in the milk and melted butter. Mix well then pour into a well greased tin.
In a separate bwol mix together the cinnamon and demerara sugar. and sprinkle over the top of the mix in the roasting tin. Press little pieces of the chilled butter into the surface.
Bake for about 30 mins.
The butter will make holes in the mixture and go a little gooey as it cooks.
Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into bars.

Enjoy x

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious. I can't wait to try making them x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these at Bumps and Baabes. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete